Saturday, July 17, 2010

A few weeks in Paris



So I will be spending a few weeks in Paris and I thought I might be able to chronicle my eating adventures while here...

After lounging around this morning drinking coffee and picking at some leftover pasta while listening to Jazz, I finally got myself motivated to go to the Monoprix grocery store. Its just down the road and while I would like to shop at the nice outdoor markets while I'm here - it was getting a bit late and I needed some provisions.

I purchased:

Provisions are purchased!

Eggs
Milk
Butter
Pont L'evoque and Chevre cheeses
Radishes
Aru
gula
Tomatos
Mushrooms
Shallots
Baguette
Pancetta and Prosciutto
Olives
Espresso
Yogurt
strawberries
A bottle of Cotes de Rhone



Tonight, I am going to go out to dinner - although its Saturday night, if I eat early enough at 6:30, I think that I'll be served. Then I will bring my book with me and have a glass of wine at one of the bars here in the Bastille. I'm not being super adventurous my first night here but I'm pleased with my purchases. I have plans to make brunch tomorrow and talk on the phone to my friend Mike in Berlin and then head out to the museums. I'm pleased! 

No comments: